Sunday, October 25, 2009

Books On My Night Stand...

Taped to my computer is one of my favorite quotes.  It is by the writer Kathleen Norris, and it reads: “Just the knowledge that a good book is awaiting one at the end of a long day makes that day happier.”  I couldn’t agree more.  Even though the reading time v. night stand stack ratio is absolutely unrealistic,  knowing they are there makes me happy.   Not counting the many children’s and young adult titles I want to read, the top five books in the “on deck” line are: The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery,  A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore, Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann, In Other Rooms, Other Wonders by Daniyal Mueenuddin and Brunelleschi’s Dome by Ross King.  King’s book will move up the list the closer we get to our March trip to Florence.  This is our first trip to Italy so more Italian books could be finding their way to my night stand.  I’ll keep you posted on my progress and what other books get added to the pile.

Currently reading: Past Imperfect by Julian Fellowes (Oscar-winning writer of Gosford Park)

No comments:

Post a Comment